Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pokes

I have just come from an acupuncture session (In my house we call them pokes. Our kids have also been getting acupuncture for their health issues since they were 3 years old).

If you are wound too tightly like I tend to be (I'm like the lid of a pickle jar - somebody loosen this girl up already!), I highly recommend becoming a pin cushion. Somehow just by looking at my tongue at the beginning of the session my acupuncturist can tell exactly what I need and she is always dead on (I know, weird, hey?).

When I open my mouth she usually jumps back with a "Whoa, girl!! You need some serious attention!" (We are friends so I let her say things like that to me). Apparently, keeping everything inside emotionally tends to have negative consequences on one's mind and body.

I get needles that release my inner conflicts, a meditative 45 minutes in a dark room with lovely music and a heat lamp on my belly to unstick me emotionally. The whole thing is kinda like the feeling I get when I used to smoke weed but without the clingy fragrance.

No comments: