Friday, October 30, 2009

I am on to you, kid.

Early mornings before coffee, er, tea. The other early morning (it's late fall in northern Canada so it's dead dark and cold so when you wake up you think you are just sleep walking), the boy child (I don't know how this conversation was initiated because a) it takes at least two to engage and I was still asleep) started asking me how babies were made. (!!!)

I took my best incoherent shot and told him using real words - the penis and vagina, blah, blah, blah. He then proceeded to tell his other mom and his sister and God knows, probably the whole playground that morning before school.

I just hope his explanation wasn't like that game we used to play as kids where you sit in a circle and add an item to the suitcase and then turn and tell the next kid the whole list and then they are supposed to add something and it turns out at the last kid not to sound like anything it started as.

Anway, the moral of this story is I fear my kids will soon catch on that they can ask me anything in the early morning - sure take the car, all of my money and yeah, I will sign over the house to you - and get away with it.

No comments: