Monday, March 5, 2007

Not for the squeamish

Not sure if I am the only one who has experienced this phenomenon. In the bathrooms of each of the last two office buildings I have worked in (this includes my current work place) someone has taken in upon themselves to tape a sign inside the door of each cubicle which reads: please flush toilet after use.

Who is it that is so busy they can’t bend down to flush away the product of their visit? Don’t we all know by now what to do after we use the w.c.? And if people need to be told to flush, I can only imagine that they don't wash their hands, either.

Then there is the person who wrote the sign(s). Just how many unsightly toilet bowls did they endure before they resorted to signage?

At any rate, as someone who does flush, I am offended by their signs and in an act of silent defiance have systematically removed them all. And not once since I have done so, have I walked into a cubicle with "leftovers". Huh.

Plus, as a reluctant greenie, in our house we don't flush unless it's brown (not that I necessarily advocate this in public loos).


On another bathroom note. I work in public relations and of course, we are always trying to find new ways to get our messages across. I drew the line when my former boss in all of her wisdom decided a good form of employee communications was to put posters up in each toilet cubicle. I was sooo waiting for her to assign that job to me so I could tell her just where to stick her idea.

That and her charming personality were more than enough reason to prematurely quit working for this evil and ubiquitous utility company.

No comments: