Friday, March 16, 2007

Get a job

With his fourth birthday approaching, boy child has already checked out a number of career options.

About this time last year, he was exploring art. Quite regularly while “napping” he would soil his diaper, remove it, and use the contents to decorate himself and the walls, floor, and door of his room. It was always a visual and olfactory delight to “wake him up”.

He has since moved on to science. We got a cat the other day and boy child has been very interested in animal experimentation ever since.

“What happens when I pull his tail?”

"Throw him down the stairs?"

“Stick him in the shower and turn the hot water on?”

“Put packing tape all over his fur?”

“Hmmm, the cat poos in the litter box, I think I will, too.”

Sounds awful, but rest easy, the cat's okay. We don't let him or the kid come to any harm.

Besides, in the last few days, boy child has been checking out options in the service industry. Every morning this week when he goes to the cupboard to get a juice box for himself, he yells to me while I am still lying in bed, “Mama, do you want a beer?”

I love that kid.

No comments: