Monday, February 26, 2007

Things that I love

Watching my wife dance.

Watching my wife dance with our 3-year-old boy child at the new little vegetarian restaurant down the road. They danced to Gordon Lightfoot as we waited for our homemade perogies and veggie sausages to be ready. Drank the best coffee ever.

Watching Melissa Etheridge walk off with the Oscar for Best Song right after the giant Dream Girls number. Sometimes subtle is better. And she kissed and thanked her wife in front of one billion people. So great.

Watching Helen Mirren. Enough said.

Reading the front page Family Day newspaper story and giant photo of our friends with their little boy. Amazing to see a gay couple on the cover with their newly-adopted kid they fought so hard to get. More than makes up for all of the homophobic ranting that followed in the editorial pages the rest of the week.

Watching my girl child munching on roasted wieners and buns at her friend's outdoor b-day party yesterday.

Watching the delight in my boy child's eyes as I told him we were going to a b-day party. In response, he yelled "CAKE!" He knows what is important in life. The boy listens to his Mama.

No comments: