Monday, December 11, 2006

My IT lover

Excerpt from a rant to colleagues:

Big, hairy ”I-am-also-a-designer” IT/web guy with man breasts has been hired. Not only that, he’s sharing my office. Not only that, he’s critiquing the stuff I have had designed. Not only that, he’s telling me how to do my job (“What is this thing…how you say…weebsiite?”).

Let’s see – you have been here two whole days so you must know everything there is to know, Mr.”I-wear-a-memory-stick-around-my-neck-like-a-holy-cross”.


He just sent me this email:

"Trajan™ Font Family
Designer: Carol Twombly , 1989
About Trajan™ Font Family


While designing Trajan, Carol Twombly was influenced by the style of carved letters produced by the Romans during the first century AD. Twombly completed the design, adding numerals and punctuation, as well as a bolder version to allow for text emphasis. Most importantly, her interpretation of the ancient style resulted in a font family whose clarity and beauty come across in modern printed materials. "

Tell me. What does it mean?

Yes, I am well aware the font we are using for our logo is Trajan. Did I really need the added, irrelevant history of the font?

I originally misspoke when I told him the name of the font.

I called it “Trojan”, rather than Trajan.

“You don’t mean, like, the condom? Heh. Heh.”

Stop “accidentally” touching me and stop touching the things on my desk.

I am now going home to kiss a girl.

No comments: