Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hairy episode

There I was sitting in the bathtub the other morning, shaving various body parts. Boy child walks in and watches me carefully. We proceed to have a conversation about why I am doing what I am doing, does it hurt, etc.

When I get out of the tub and start to dry off he says to me, “Mama, you still have hair growing out of your labia (that being a part I hadn’t shaved. And yes, in our house we use the real words to talk about our bodies. And okay, perhaps I am sharing too much information in this blog entry).”

To which I say to him, “Honey, one day you’ll have hair growing around your penis, too.”

He answered with a distressed shriek at a decible I had never heard before. It was as though I had just told him his little friend would eventually fall off.

No comments: