Thursday, September 20, 2007

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I recently realized that I am no longer a university student who can go without sleep for days on end. In order for my brain to fully function I need lots of sleep. Some examples: The other night when girl child started crying I laid in bed whispering "shhhh" for what must have been quite a while before becoming fully conscious and realizing I actually needed to get out of bed and go to her room to deal with her issue of the night.

Another recent incident occurred when I leapt out of bed one night to see what was going on with girl child only to slam my entire body into our closed bedroom door. I kid you not.

I am my own Gong Show.

Combine sleep deprivation with forgetting to put on my glasses when I get out of bed and most mornings I am bound to come to some self harm.

No comments: